It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:29 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:18 pm 
How Do I Post Pictures?
How Do I Post Pictures?

Hi Guy,s
A quick promo to say that myself and the other members of "Les Garagistes" have the task this year of the "BIG TABLE" at Telford,12/13th November, all 84ft of it! It should be one of the biggest displays of Auto models ever staged ,so if your there please pop along and say hello.
More info here: http://www.garagistesland.com

Atb,Alex

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:02 am 
The Doctor
The Doctor

Here's a run down of what we're doing for the display courtesy of Shane;

The time is nigh for Les Garagistes to be unleashed upon Telford for the Big Display. Things have been fairly laid back at Garagistes Towers, with everything well in hand and ahead of the game. All the zones of the display are now finalised, with the somewhat problematical logistics of transporting everything now sorted out.

The Martini & Rossi centrepiece looks like it’s going to be a very colourful addition to the scheme of things, with a full size Rossi helmet and a host of 250’s, 500’s and Moto GP bikes forming The Doctor’s theme. The Martini element appears to grow each month and will feature a large array of models from 1/43 examples right up to DBM’s 1/12 scale Porsche 935. Dry Martini’s are the order of the day during the show to celebrate.

Elsewhere, bikes have their own display including The Barron’s Kawasaki Empire returning even bigger and better. Sportscars will play a major role in the display with a wide array of marques being represented across a wide range of scales. A Dunlop bridge should also make an appearance.

A tribute to Ayrton Senna, with every F1 car modelled in 1/20 scale, is being hosted by Model Factory Hewer. Look out for a very large Senna movie promo item...

Turbo beasts of F1 will also feature, a display of “proper” Grand Prix machinery all in 1/20 scale. 1/12 scale models will also make an appearance in their own dedicated zone, as will a large display of 1/43 models, it’s good to see more of these little gems making an appearance on other stands at shows too.
There will also be dedicated zones to the USA and Italy. American and Italian drivers, riders, marques - it will all be there. A Williams F1 display will also feature.

Last but by no means least is the Rally zone, with another spread of marques from down the years.

Elsewhere around the display, there will be 2 screens showing motorsport DVD’s, bits of memorabilia, photographs, literature, plus an “how to” build automotive models leaflet for those who would like to have a crack at this genre of the hobby.

The display, and it’s organisation, has certainly been a challenge, but one that we have enjoyed. Hopefully it will all be worth the effort as it should be one of the largest, if not THE largest, automotive display seen at a model show. To all those reading this, pop along and have a chat at SMW 2011. SP

We expect to have in excess of 300 car and bike models on display for the two day show! See you there!

P.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:21 pm 
Rosso Corsa
Rosso Corsa

So are we going to see any of you up at Telford, it is a really great weekend, lots of bargins to be had from all the retailers there aswell.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:57 pm 
I Want To Buy An Airbrush
I Want To Buy An Airbrush

i'm definitely aiming to be there on Saturday

idsk_Signature1 by idsk, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:44 am 
I'm Used To The Fumes
I'm Used To The Fumes

Looking forward to some pics of the show.