It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:00 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Project of the month
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:29 pm 

Hello guys,

After a thorough discussion with the staff :roll: we want to let you know there's something new coming very soon on this great forum:

Project of the Month

Well what does this mean to you :?: :-|

We all do our best to make a wip thread look good. But it would be more fun when your thread can WIN project of the month right? So we (all moderators) have decided to judge every WIP thread from you guys each month. Every moderator can nominate your WIP and at the end of the month we decide which WIP would be Project of the month. Each thread will be judged by the following points:

1. W.I.P. This means the total work in progress. Is everything explained well?, can we learn something from this build?. A kit review in the first post can add more points.
2. Imagination This means how original are the ideas, and how are any kit problems solved.
3. Modification Does the build contain alot of modifications and how well are they finished.Widebody,scratchbuilding and more are all recognized. It can also mean what extra parts did the builder used like CF or bolts and other detailing parts. Or just some improvements on a OOB build.
4. Photos Well I don't think i need to explain this.... We all want to see good bright pictures and see shots from different angles.which cover the whole build.
5. quality, This means the overall quality of the completed project covering all areas of the model, not just a shiny 2k Clearcoat
6. Overall Finish, This means the overall finish of the model and the thread and the pictures.. Is the model rushed and are some of the parts still not completed. this covers that kind of thing.

All projects of the month will be collected on a special topic on the forum index page, so we can see all winners month by month.

With this new feature, we hope your WIP's would become even better. We all want to be winners, so we hope it stimulates and encourages you to make your WIP's with the help of the point system.

We will start judging your Work in progress threads from the 1st of May, same date as the new Contest begins so you can get a fresh start.

Do your best and hopefully we can nominate your WIP to be Project of the month :!:
Cheers,

The Modcrew :wave:

Post subject: Re: Project of the month
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:59 pm 
I'm Used To The Fumes
I'm Used To The Fumes

Superb idea guys :bigthumb:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:44 pm 
addicted to Lowriders
addicted to Lowriders

One question: does it mean that the project must be finished during that month to be elighble? Or does it mean project started in that month? I guess it cant be both because quite a many of us build a project wayyyy longer than month.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:34 pm 
Almost A Mod!!!
Almost A Mod!!!

Siim,Let me answer by asking you a question. How many people would win Project of the month if the entire model had to be completed in that time :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:37 pm 
addicted to Lowriders
addicted to Lowriders

Thats what i was thinking. So which way is it, model started in this month or model finished in this month?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:49 pm 
Almost A Mod!!!
Almost A Mod!!!

Six-Fo wrote:
Thats what i was thinking. So which way is it, model started in this month or model finished in this month?

It'll most likely be the content of the WIP over the period of a month.. start and end wont come into it.

This is designed to encourage modelers to make more progress and contribute to their WIP's more. We can't include these kind of Restrictions on their work, no one would win.

It's based purely on content over the period of a month. Hence the different elements that the threads will be judged on.

The idea is, you build a model and make regular updates and keep it interesting and we reward you for making that effort. :D

Simple really.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:51 pm 
Too Many Posts,Not Enough Respect
Too Many Posts,Not Enough Respect

Nice idea guys, I like it, and i'll help us developing our WIP explainations and stuf...

M1CRO wrote:
Siim,Let me answer by asking you a question. How many people would win [b]Project of the month if the entire model had to be completed in that time :D[/b]

I guess only Tom and a few more will... :lol:

Cheers, James.

Check our modeling page Not From Stock in Facebook or find us on Instagram

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:07 am 
The Old Giffer
The Old Giffer

Great idea. Like a lot of others I would struggle to finish a build in a month, too many external pressures.

This way it encourages me to work on a kit. Not done a WIP before other than put a couple of pitcures on the WWB so it should be fun. :bigthumb:

Philip

http://s1091.photobucket.com/user/kingphilip22/profile/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:05 am 
addicted to Lowriders
addicted to Lowriders

M1CRO wrote:
Six-Fo wrote:

It'll most likely be the content of the WIP over the period of a month.. start and end wont come into it.

This is designed to encourage modelers to make more progress and contribute to their WIP's more. We can't include these kind of Restrictions on their work, no one would win.

It's based purely on content over the period of a month. Hence the different elements that the threads will be judged on.

The idea is, you build a model and make regular updates and keep it interesting and we reward you for making that effort. :D

Simple really.

Oh yeah, thats cool :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:12 am 
Almost A Mod!!!
Almost A Mod!!!

Thanks for the questions Siim,you have helped me to explain the point of the project of the month. :D