It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:26 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ] 

Would you like to post a model other than a bike or a car on Scale Plastic Cars.
Poll ended at Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:12 pm
Yes 48%  48%  [ 23 ]
No 46%  46%  [ 22 ]
Undecided 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 48
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:12 pm 
Offline
Almost A Mod!!!
Almost A Mod!!!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:50 am
Posts: 7096
Location: Blackpool
For the Attention of all members.

We have had some level of interest for a new Category on scale plastic cars for a very long time.
It has been brought to our attention again, This time I would like to offer the decision to the users.
It's a simple decision I will even add a poll to this topic but what would be more revealing would be to comment
and tell us what you would post in this new category.For example, If you have built something other than a
Bike or a Car then please tell us and please tell us if you would like to share it on scale plastic cars.

Our future is Simple, If you are happy with it then we should do our best to make it happen.

Please reply if you have built something other than a bike or a car and would like to post it here in a category
dedicated to all other models.

_________________
If everybody likes you, you're doing something wrong.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:16 pm 
Offline
I'm Used To The Fumes
I'm Used To The Fumes
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:44 pm
Posts: 1179
Location: Leeds.
Although I haven't done any modelling for a while now, I do have plenty to build, including non car projects.
So, yes, let's see other things built.
We all might learn something from other genres.

_________________
RED SPIDER
Image
I REALLY need to build more this year!!
ROBIN.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:37 pm 
Offline
I Glued My Fingers Together
I Glued My Fingers Together

Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:45 pm
Posts: 30
Location: Preston
As above, I'm sure plenty of us build other things also. Always good to learn new things that can be applied on cars/bikes.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:47 pm 
Offline
Mr. Master
Mr. Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:51 pm
Posts: 1159
Location: Japan
I built a few tanks and I'm planning to do more..... I'd be happy to post some pictures too.

_________________
Tami's models


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:24 am 
Offline
Annual Show off Winner
Annual Show off Winner

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:11 am
Posts: 1362
Location: Sydney, Australia
I've built a bunch of sci-fi kits but haven't posted them anywhere. May as well be here.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:21 pm 
Offline
Almost A Mod!!!
Almost A Mod!!!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:50 am
Posts: 7096
Location: Blackpool
I dont know if anyone noticed,
but I built the Ironman which is posted on the Front page.


Image

_________________
If everybody likes you, you're doing something wrong.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:33 pm 
Offline
Mr. Master
Mr. Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:51 pm
Posts: 1159
Location: Japan
M1CRO wrote:
I dont know if anyone noticed,
but I built the Ironman which is posted on the Front page.


It's hard not to notice it.... :lol:

Very nice work Andy!! :bigthumb:

_________________
Tami's models


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:48 pm 
Offline
I'm Used To The Fumes
I'm Used To The Fumes
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:44 pm
Posts: 1179
Location: Leeds.
I'd not noticed, but then I never look on the front page.

_________________
RED SPIDER
Image
I REALLY need to build more this year!!
ROBIN.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:41 am 
Offline
How Do I Post Pictures?
How Do I Post Pictures?
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:07 am
Posts: 134
Location: Seattle-WA-USA
I wouldn't be interested in such a category but I also wouldn't mind if there was one for others to enjoy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:48 am 
Offline
I Want To Buy An Airbrush
I Want To Buy An Airbrush
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:22 pm
Posts: 342
I have yet to build anything other than cars but do have a few things on the "to build list" that don't have wheels!

How about an extra catagory called something like "Everything else". That way I can post the Star Wars kits I have planned! :D

_________________
Image
ELP Modelling - YouTube
ELP Modelling.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:05 pm 
Offline
Plastic Surgeon!!!
Plastic Surgeon!!!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:10 am
Posts: 3190
Location: Ikast - Denmark
I would really enjoy a section for other types of models! i myself find it fun from time to time to try something that requires other skills than a car, and i feel like the few other models which i have posted in general chat doesn't get the same kind of attention as they would if they had their own gallery category

Just for more attention, here's a figure i build a while ago:
Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:27 am 
Offline
I'm Used To The Fumes
I'm Used To The Fumes

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:39 am
Posts: 1019
Location: Ontario, Canada.
You got my vote, I have some Sci fi and Anime stuff. (Starblazers and Thunderbirds).

_________________
the brain...the only "app" needed !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:04 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:44 pm
Posts: 2422
I voted NO. I only build cars&bikes and that's why I like a forum like this. It's all I'm interested in. I'm also on a few other forums and those are also for planes/tanks/scifi etc. It's fun but I like the fact this forum is especially for cars&bikes.

Kris.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:50 am 
Offline
I can Use My Airbrush
I can Use My Airbrush
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:44 pm
Posts: 837
Location: Latvia
Kris Hoekstra wrote:
I voted NO. I only build cars&bikes and that's why I like a forum like this. It's all I'm interested in. I'm also on a few other forums and those are also for planes/tanks/scifi etc. It's fun but I like the fact this forum is especially for cars&bikes.

Kris.

:ditto: After all, this forum is called Scaleplasticcars.com. Where is the logic to include every other genre? Military guys have their own forums and community, why would they be interested in joining some car, bike forum? I think it is better to invest the time and effort in perfecting our forum as car, bike forum.

_________________
Image My modelling Instagram profile @reinis_modelling Follow me, updates on my builds, model related purchases daily.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:41 pm 
Offline
Almost A Mod!!!
Almost A Mod!!!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:50 am
Posts: 7096
Location: Blackpool
Quote:
I voted NO. I only build cars&bikes and that's why I like a forum like this. It's all I'm interested in


That's fine Kris, if you're not interested in other models, this new section wouln't apply to you would it.
This makes me wonder why you replied in the first place?

Quote:
I'm also on a few other forums and those are also for planes/tanks/scifi etc. It's fun but I like the fact this forum is especially for cars&bikes


Kris, forums that have other categories are fun? Would SPC be fun too?

Quote:
After all, this forum is called Scaleplasticcars.com. Where is the logic to include every other genre?


Tamiya.com sell all kinds of products, they don't have it in their website address for a good reason.

The logic is to include every other kind of genre is incredibly simple why on earth are you not able to understand that
scale plastic cars would like you to post even more topics than you already do, this includes every other kind of model that you might
have build.
Scale plastic cars is offering all the users the opportunity to post more of their models and you two think that its a bad idea?

Please tell me what future we have if we don't encourage our users to post.

_________________
If everybody likes you, you're doing something wrong.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:41 pm 
Offline
The Old Giffer
The Old Giffer

Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:09 am
Posts: 2050
Location: Thrapston, Northants
To try and answer your point, we are trying to encourage our members to post all their work. Without members posting and commenting on other members works we will not move forward. We understand that first and foremost we are a car and bike forum, however some of us might like to go a little "off piste" sometimes.

I haven't built anything other thar car for over 30 years, in fact it is getting on for 40. I don't want to join another forum because this one is the best. But maybe i would like to build something different and show you guys.

Just my point of view and we are all entitled to our views; that is the great thing about this forum.

Kind regards

Philip

_________________
Perfectionism - the art of procrastination!

http://s1091.photobucket.com/user/kingphilip22/profile/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:52 am 
Offline
I Want To Buy An Airbrush
I Want To Buy An Airbrush
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:22 pm
Posts: 342
Micro, How about a "Most Wanted" section on SPC for members to contribute to?

Apologies if there is on already!

_________________
Image
ELP Modelling - YouTube
ELP Modelling.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:34 am 
Offline
How Do I Post Pictures?
How Do I Post Pictures?
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:11 am
Posts: 198
Location: Bristol,Tennessee
I voted "No",BUT that's only because it asked if I wanted to be able to post non-automotive builds,I don't build anything but automotive subjects (and haven't been doing much of that either lately,LOL). What I was thinking was "I don't,but that shouldn't deter anyone else from building,enjoying,and sharing their fun,plus it might be cool to see even if it's not what I build"--I was half asleep when I voted,LOL,so count 1 of those no's as a yes if you like :)

_________________
Olskoolrodder's Model Garage: https://myblog189.wordpress.com/
My FB: https://www.facebook.com/Olskoolrodders ... t=page_fan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:09 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:44 pm
Posts: 2422
M1CRO wrote:
Quote:
I voted NO. I only build cars&bikes and that's why I like a forum like this. It's all I'm interested in


That's fine Kris, if you're not interested in other models, this new section wouln't apply to you would it.
This makes me wonder why you replied in the first place?

Quote:
I'm also on a few other forums and those are also for planes/tanks/scifi etc. It's fun but I like the fact this forum is especially for cars&bikes


Kris, forums that have other categories are fun? Would SPC be fun too?

Quote:
After all, this forum is called Scaleplasticcars.com. Where is the logic to include every other genre?


Tamiya.com sell all kinds of products, they don't have it in their website address for a good reason.

The logic is to include every other kind of genre is incredibly simple why on earth are you not able to understand that
scale plastic cars would like you to post even more topics than you already do, this includes every other kind of model that you might
have build.
Scale plastic cars is offering all the users the opportunity to post more of their models and you two think that its a bad idea?

Please tell me what future we have if we don't encourage our users to post.


You asked the members if they would like a new category. You ask for an opinion, so I said No, I don't see any reason why this forum should be an normal modelling forum with al kind of themes. As I said I'm on several ''normal'' forums and they are all pretty big forums, but everybody posts his projects in his own ''corner''.

The way you react on my reaction, makes me think you have already decided to get this new category through. And I'm fine with that. When I don't like it, I won't click on it. Just that simple. I only think the whole idea of a car/bike related forum will be gone and that's a shame in my opinion. :cry:

The reason why people don't post that much anymore, is because everybody is on Facebook and other social media like that. It's way easier to upload pics and you get much more comments/critism from all over the world. I also caught myself I'm getting lazy, and post pics on Facebook, and often I'm not in the mood for uploading pics on the computer and upload them on the forums.

Kris.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:45 am 
Offline
Plastician!!!
Plastician!!!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:07 am
Posts: 2841
Location: philippines
it would be interesting to see what other people build other than cars (scale and 1;1).

_________________
ig: leznah0811
Scaled Ricers FB
http://scaledricers.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:11 pm 
Offline
Almost A Mod!!!
Almost A Mod!!!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:50 am
Posts: 7096
Location: Blackpool
Kris, Basically what youre saying in a nutshell is people arent posting here because they are lazy and they would rather click a "like" button on facebook because..... Life is just too much for them now...

My response is to create a topic here that you can get involved in,let people show some interest... I'm trying to show how much we will all lose out if this forum dies off.
Most people have made a big effort and posted a response to the idea of a new category, it just shows that NOT everyone is Lazy.

If i wanted this Category I dont need to ask anyone I can create it without anyones permission.But thats not how it works here.SPC is different.

The point of this topic isnt to make a new category.

It's simply just to get people posting on SPC again.If it takes me to disagree with a Moderator to get him posting again, then thats a result for SPC.
So please don't feel the need to defend yourself from me, defend SPC instead.

Thanks for your feedback.

_________________
If everybody likes you, you're doing something wrong.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:48 pm 
Offline
I can Use My Airbrush
I can Use My Airbrush
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:45 pm
Posts: 762
Location: Stafford, England
Philbert wrote:
some of us might like to go a little "off piste" sometimes.


How about one catch-all category called "off piste". That way it remains cars and bikes and occasionally others
rather than "cars and bikes in the domain name" (oh and only tanks as well) - For example.

Michael.

_________________
Recent builds:-
575M Maranello | F355 Challenge | Mazdaspeed AZ-1 | RX-7 Spirit R | Toyota MR2 SW20 |

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:31 pm 
Offline
What's Wrong With My Airbrush?
What's Wrong With My Airbrush?

Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:54 am
Posts: 526
Kris Hoekstra wrote:
M1CRO wrote:
Quote:
I voted NO. I only build cars&bikes and that's why I like a forum like this. It's all I'm interested in


That's fine Kris, if you're not interested in other models, this new section wouln't apply to you would it.
This makes me wonder why you replied in the first place?

Quote:
I'm also on a few other forums and those are also for planes/tanks/scifi etc. It's fun but I like the fact this forum is especially for cars&bikes


Kris, forums that have other categories are fun? Would SPC be fun too?

Quote:
After all, this forum is called Scaleplasticcars.com. Where is the logic to include every other genre?


Tamiya.com sell all kinds of products, they don't have it in their website address for a good reason.

The logic is to include every other kind of genre is incredibly simple why on earth are you not able to understand that
scale plastic cars would like you to post even more topics than you already do, this includes every other kind of model that you might
have build.
Scale plastic cars is offering all the users the opportunity to post more of their models and you two think that its a bad idea?

Please tell me what future we have if we don't encourage our users to post.


You asked the members if they would like a new category. You ask for an opinion, so I said No, I don't see any reason why this forum should be an normal modelling forum with al kind of themes. As I said I'm on several ''normal'' forums and they are all pretty big forums, but everybody posts his projects in his own ''corner''.

The way you react on my reaction, makes me think you have already decided to get this new category through. And I'm fine with that. When I don't like it, I won't click on it. Just that simple. I only think the whole idea of a car/bike related forum will be gone and that's a shame in my opinion. :cry:

The reason why people don't post that much anymore, is because everybody is on Facebook and other social media like that. It's way easier to upload pics and you get much more comments/critism from all over the world. I also caught myself I'm getting lazy, and post pics on Facebook, and often I'm not in the mood for uploading pics on the computer and upload them on the forums.

Kris.


I agree with the lazy part, the easier it is to upload and such the more people will use it. I do think it's a shame that people are sometimes just looking for a quick pat on the back. We need placed like this where we can enjoy long threads from other users and help people like me learn and grow.

I also think the forum seems a little dated. I really like the look and ease of use of scalemodels.Co.UK it runs well and the owner let's you upload photos at a reduced resolution so links never go dead. Saveso uploading elsewhere and linking and such.

I do feel bad that I have not contributed here yet really but... I at a very busy point in my life with a new baby and work rotation so there isn't much I can do! I have just started a new build so I will try to add some stuff here tonight if I get the chance...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:02 am 
Offline
I Want To Buy An Airbrush
I Want To Buy An Airbrush
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 9:43 am
Posts: 383
Location: Bandung, Indonesia
Interesting :)
I just build an Autobot :P
Image
Image

_________________
sorry for my bad English :)

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:43 pm 
Offline
I Wore Out My Keyboard
I Wore Out My Keyboard

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:42 am
Posts: 1396
Location: Hertfordshire, England
Wow that looks awesome Sofyanchandra!

Just a little comment. I voted no, because I wouldn't post anything that isn't car related. But if there was an 'Anything Else' category, I probably would check it out from time to time. I'm a car nut & not even interested in bikes, so I stay away from that section as well.

But if I decided that I want to use my skills to build the most awesome Millennium Falcon (in 1/1 scale, maybe one day), it would be great if I could share it on this forum too

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:12 am 
Offline
I Want To Buy An Airbrush
I Want To Buy An Airbrush
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 9:43 am
Posts: 383
Location: Bandung, Indonesia
HGFake wrote:
Wow that looks awesome Sofyanchandra!

Just a little comment. I voted no, because I wouldn't post anything that isn't car related. But if there was an 'Anything Else' category, I probably would check it out from time to time. I'm a car nut & not even interested in bikes, so I stay away from that section as well.

But if I decided that I want to use my skills to build the most awesome Millennium Falcon (in 1/1 scale, maybe one day), it would be great if I could share it on this forum too

Ahahaha :D Nice, Paul :D Millenium Falcon at your garage :D

_________________
sorry for my bad English :)

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:19 am 
Offline
I Want To Buy An Airbrush
I Want To Buy An Airbrush
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 12:15 am
Posts: 321
Location: New Zealand
This is the only modelling forum I'm on, yet I do build other than cars & bikes. I find I don't have a lot of building time let alone time to be on other forums specified to what I build. Another section for 'everything else' that could lead to sub sections of areas like military, sci-fi etc could bring in more members, yet on the other hand how far would it go? As maybe next thing you know members are asking for weathering tutorials or preshading videos and so on. So some clarity on exactly what it could contain could help in the vote.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:51 pm 
Offline
The Old Giffer
The Old Giffer

Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:09 am
Posts: 2050
Location: Thrapston, Northants
Brae, thanks for the post. Unfortunately the poll closed on 11th April. However, your comments are thought provoking and I am sure the Staff will consider every ones opinions and come up with a way forward.

On the subject of weathering and other tutorials, everyone is welcome to share these via the "tips and techniques" section, we don't generally ask for them. However, if someone wishes for some help with a particular problem then, given the friendly nature of this forum, someone will offer to help.

Kind regards

Philip

_________________
Perfectionism - the art of procrastination!

http://s1091.photobucket.com/user/kingphilip22/profile/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:39 am 
Offline
I Glued My Fingers Together
I Glued My Fingers Together

Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:59 am
Posts: 1
The problem is not only the answer to this issue only


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group