It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:50 am

All times are UTC

Would you like to post a model other than a bike or a car on Scale Plastic Cars.
Poll ended at Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:12 pm
Yes 48%  48%  [ 23 ]
No 46%  46%  [ 22 ]
Undecided 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 48
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:12 pm 
Almost A Mod!!!
Almost A Mod!!!

For the Attention of all members.

We have had some level of interest for a new Category on scale plastic cars for a very long time.
It has been brought to our attention again, This time I would like to offer the decision to the users.
It's a simple decision I will even add a poll to this topic but what would be more revealing would be to comment
and tell us what you would post in this new category.For example, If you have built something other than a
Bike or a Car then please tell us and please tell us if you would like to share it on scale plastic cars.

Our future is Simple, If you are happy with it then we should do our best to make it happen.

Please reply if you have built something other than a bike or a car and would like to post it here in a category
dedicated to all other models.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:16 pm 
I'm Used To The Fumes
I'm Used To The Fumes

Although I haven't done any modelling for a while now, I do have plenty to build, including non car projects.
So, yes, let's see other things built.
We all might learn something from other genres.

ROBIN.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:37 pm 
I Glued My Fingers Together

As above, I'm sure plenty of us build other things also. Always good to learn new things that can be applied on cars/bikes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:47 pm 
Mr. Master
Mr. Master

I built a few tanks and I'm planning to do more..... I'd be happy to post some pictures too.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:24 am 
Annual Show off Winner
Annual Show off Winner

I've built a bunch of sci-fi kits but haven't posted them anywhere. May as well be here.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:21 pm 
Almost A Mod!!!
Almost A Mod!!!

I dont know if anyone noticed,
but I built the Ironman which is posted on the Front page.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:33 pm 
Mr. Master
Mr. Master

M1CRO wrote:
I dont know if anyone noticed,
but I built the Ironman which is posted on the Front page.

It's hard not to notice it.... :lol:

Very nice work Andy!! :bigthumb:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:48 pm 
I'm Used To The Fumes
I'm Used To The Fumes

I'd not noticed, but then I never look on the front page.

ROBIN.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:41 am 
How Do I Post Pictures?
How Do I Post Pictures?

I wouldn't be interested in such a category but I also wouldn't mind if there was one for others to enjoy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:48 am 
I Want To Buy An Airbrush

I have yet to build anything other than cars but do have a few things on the "to build list" that don't have wheels!

How about an extra catagory called something like "Everything else". That way I can post the Star Wars kits I have planned! :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:05 pm 
Plastic Surgeon!!!
Plastic Surgeon!!!

I would really enjoy a section for other types of models! i myself find it fun from time to time to try something that requires other skills than a car, and i feel like the few other models which i have posted in general chat doesn't get the same kind of attention as they would if they had their own gallery category

Just for more attention, here's a figure i build a while ago:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:27 am 
I'm Used To The Fumes
I'm Used To The Fumes

You got my vote, I have some Sci fi and Anime stuff. (Starblazers and Thunderbirds).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:04 pm 

I voted NO. I only build cars&bikes and that's why I like a forum like this. It's all I'm interested in. I'm also on a few other forums and those are also for planes/tanks/scifi etc. It's fun but I like the fact this forum is especially for cars&bikes.

Kris.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:50 am 
I can Use My Airbrush
I can Use My Airbrush

Kris Hoekstra wrote:
I voted NO. I only build cars&bikes and that's why I like a forum like this. It's all I'm interested in. I'm also on a few other forums and those are also for planes/tanks/scifi etc. It's fun but I like the fact this forum is especially for cars&bikes.

Kris.

:ditto: After all, this forum is called Scaleplasticcars.com. Where is the logic to include every other genre? Military guys have their own forums and community, why would they be interested in joining some car, bike forum? I think it is better to invest the time and effort in perfecting our forum as car, bike forum.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:41 pm 
Almost A Mod!!!
Almost A Mod!!!

Quote:
I voted NO. I only build cars&bikes and that's why I like a forum like this. It's all I'm interested in

That's fine Kris, if you're not interested in other models, this new section wouln't apply to you would it.
This makes me wonder why you replied in the first place?

Quote:
I'm also on a few other forums and those are also for planes/tanks/scifi etc. It's fun but I like the fact this forum is especially for cars&bikes

Kris, forums that have other categories are fun? Would SPC be fun too?

Quote:
After all, this forum is called Scaleplasticcars.com. Where is the logic to include every other genre?

Tamiya.com sell all kinds of products, they don't have it in their website address for a good reason.

The logic is to include every other kind of genre is incredibly simple why on earth are you not able to understand that
scale plastic cars would like you to post even more topics than you already do, this includes every other kind of model that you might
have build.
Scale plastic cars is offering all the users the opportunity to post more of their models and you two think that its a bad idea?

Please tell me what future we have if we don't encourage our users to post.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:41 pm 
The Old Giffer
The Old Giffer

To try and answer your point, we are trying to encourage our members to post all their work. Without members posting and commenting on other members works we will not move forward. We understand that first and foremost we are a car and bike forum, however some of us might like to go a little "off piste" sometimes.

I haven't built anything other thar car for over 30 years, in fact it is getting on for 40. I don't want to join another forum because this one is the best. But maybe i would like to build something different and show you guys.

Just my point of view and we are all entitled to our views; that is the great thing about this forum.

Kind regards

Philip

http://s1091.photobucket.com/user/kingphilip22/profile/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:52 am 

Micro, How about a "Most Wanted" section on SPC for members to contribute to?

Apologies if there is on already!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:34 am 
How Do I Post Pictures?
How Do I Post Pictures?

I voted "No",BUT that's only because it asked if I wanted to be able to post non-automotive builds,I don't build anything but automotive subjects (and haven't been doing much of that either lately,LOL). What I was thinking was "I don't,but that shouldn't deter anyone else from building,enjoying,and sharing their fun,plus it might be cool to see even if it's not what I build"--I was half asleep when I voted,LOL,so count 1 of those no's as a yes if you like :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:09 pm 

M1CRO wrote:
Quote:
I voted NO. I only build cars&bikes and that's why I like a forum like this. It's all I'm interested in

That's fine Kris, if you're not interested in other models, this new section wouln't apply to you would it.

Quote:
I'm also on a few other forums and those are also for planes/tanks/scifi etc. It's fun but I like the fact this forum is especially for cars&bikes

Quote:
After all, this forum is called Scaleplasticcars.com. Where is the logic to include every other genre?

Tamiya.com sell all kinds of products, they don't have it in their website address for a good reason.

The logic is to include every other kind of genre is incredibly simple why on earth are you not able to understand that
scale plastic cars would like you to post even more topics than you already do, this includes every other kind of model that you might
have build.
Scale plastic cars is offering all the users the opportunity to post more of their models and you two think that its a bad idea?

You asked the members if they would like a new category. You ask for an opinion, so I said No, I don't see any reason why this forum should be an normal modelling forum with al kind of themes. As I said I'm on several ''normal'' forums and they are all pretty big forums, but everybody posts his projects in his own ''corner''.

The way you react on my reaction, makes me think you have already decided to get this new category through. And I'm fine with that. When I don't like it, I won't click on it. Just that simple. I only think the whole idea of a car/bike related forum will be gone and that's a shame in my opinion. :cry:

The reason why people don't post that much anymore, is because everybody is on Facebook and other social media like that. It's way easier to upload pics and you get much more comments/critism from all over the world. I also caught myself I'm getting lazy, and post pics on Facebook, and often I'm not in the mood for uploading pics on the computer and upload them on the forums.

Kris.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:45 am 
Plastician!!!
Plastician!!!

it would be interesting to see what other people build other than cars (scale and 1;1).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:11 pm 
Almost A Mod!!!
Almost A Mod!!!

Kris, Basically what youre saying in a nutshell is people arent posting here because they are lazy and they would rather click a "like" button on facebook because..... Life is just too much for them now...

My response is to create a topic here that you can get involved in,let people show some interest... I'm trying to show how much we will all lose out if this forum dies off.
Most people have made a big effort and posted a response to the idea of a new category, it just shows that NOT everyone is Lazy.

If i wanted this Category I dont need to ask anyone I can create it without anyones permission.But thats not how it works here.SPC is different.

The point of this topic isnt to make a new category.

It's simply just to get people posting on SPC again.If it takes me to disagree with a Moderator to get him posting again, then thats a result for SPC.
So please don't feel the need to defend yourself from me, defend SPC instead.

Thanks for your feedback.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:48 pm 
I'm Used To The Fumes
I'm Used To The Fumes

Philbert wrote:
some of us might like to go a little "off piste" sometimes.

How about one catch-all category called "off piste". That way it remains cars and bikes and occasionally others
rather than "cars and bikes in the domain name" (oh and only tanks as well) - For example.

Michael.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:31 pm 
What's Wrong With My Airbrush?
What's Wrong With My Airbrush?

Kris Hoekstra wrote:
M1CRO wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

have build.

You asked the members if they would like a new category. You ask for an opinion, so I said No, I don't see any reason why this forum should be an normal modelling forum with al kind of themes. As I said I'm on several ''normal'' forums and they are all pretty big forums, but everybody posts his projects in his own ''corner''.

The way you react on my reaction, makes me think you have already decided to get this new category through. And I'm fine with that. When I don't like it, I won't click on it. Just that simple. I only think the whole idea of a car/bike related forum will be gone and that's a shame in my opinion. :cry:

The reason why people don't post that much anymore, is because everybody is on Facebook and other social media like that. It's way easier to upload pics and you get much more comments/critism from all over the world. I also caught myself I'm getting lazy, and post pics on Facebook, and often I'm not in the mood for uploading pics on the computer and upload them on the forums.

Kris.

I agree with the lazy part, the easier it is to upload and such the more people will use it. I do think it's a shame that people are sometimes just looking for a quick pat on the back. We need placed like this where we can enjoy long threads from other users and help people like me learn and grow.

I also think the forum seems a little dated. I really like the look and ease of use of scalemodels.Co.UK it runs well and the owner let's you upload photos at a reduced resolution so links never go dead. Saveso uploading elsewhere and linking and such.

I do feel bad that I have not contributed here yet really but... I at a very busy point in my life with a new baby and work rotation so there isn't much I can do! I have just started a new build so I will try to add some stuff here tonight if I get the chance...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:02 am 

Interesting :)
I just build an Autobot :P

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:43 pm 
Too Many Posts
Too Many Posts

Wow that looks awesome Sofyanchandra!

Just a little comment. I voted no, because I wouldn't post anything that isn't car related. But if there was an 'Anything Else' category, I probably would check it out from time to time. I'm a car nut & not even interested in bikes, so I stay away from that section as well.

But if I decided that I want to use my skills to build the most awesome Millennium Falcon (in 1/1 scale, maybe one day), it would be great if I could share it on this forum too

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:12 am 

HGFake wrote:
Wow that looks awesome Sofyanchandra!

Just a little comment. I voted no, because I wouldn't post anything that isn't car related. But if there was an 'Anything Else' category, I probably would check it out from time to time. I'm a car nut & not even interested in bikes, so I stay away from that section as well.

But if I decided that I want to use my skills to build the most awesome Millennium Falcon (in 1/1 scale, maybe one day), it would be great if I could share it on this forum too

Ahahaha :D Nice, Paul :D Millenium Falcon at your garage :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:19 am 

This is the only modelling forum I'm on, yet I do build other than cars & bikes. I find I don't have a lot of building time let alone time to be on other forums specified to what I build. Another section for 'everything else' that could lead to sub sections of areas like military, sci-fi etc could bring in more members, yet on the other hand how far would it go? As maybe next thing you know members are asking for weathering tutorials or preshading videos and so on. So some clarity on exactly what it could contain could help in the vote.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:51 pm 
The Old Giffer
The Old Giffer

Brae, thanks for the post. Unfortunately the poll closed on 11th April. However, your comments are thought provoking and I am sure the Staff will consider every ones opinions and come up with a way forward.

On the subject of weathering and other tutorials, everyone is welcome to share these via the "tips and techniques" section, we don't generally ask for them. However, if someone wishes for some help with a particular problem then, given the friendly nature of this forum, someone will offer to help.

Kind regards

Philip

http://s1091.photobucket.com/user/kingphilip22/profile/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:39 am 

The problem is not only the answer to this issue only

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:48 pm 

Have been modelling since the 60's, mainly cars but have a go at something different every now and again to get me out of my comfort zone. Actually I have learnt many different techniques that are generally specific to other modelling subject matter. For example I have learnt how to blend and shade from figure modellers and crossed this technique over to use in painting car interiors. Metal finishes from aircraft modellers. Weathering from military modellers........The list goes on, so let's not be blinkered if another category is added to the forum for other models to be included as we can learn and adapt techniques from other genres.
At the end of the day if another category is added we all have the choice as to whether we look at it or not.