It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:35 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:36 am 
I Glued My Fingers Together

Hello all, I am Chris from Florida. I recently got into modeling (within the past month) when a YT video from Tom, The Scalemodeling Channel, popped up on my YT feed. He made the car looks so real and good that I decided I wanted to start building models. I went out and bought most of the stuff on his list and got started. I have watched most of his videos and many other great YouTube model builders videos and have learned a lot...now I just need more experience.

One of his videos mentioned this forum. This is my kind of forum as I love the builds here. I just wish there were more people posting here on a regular basis. Where did everyone go? When I first did a google search only the main two forums popped up but thanks to Tom I found this forum too.

I mainly love race cars, especially road racers. But I also love drag cars, especially Funny Cars, Pro Stock and Top Fuel and Nascars. I'm not much of a fan of racing anymore but I love the look of them. My favorite cars are the Le Mans Prototype cars and GT/IMSA types. I also love the Sport Bikes and exotics.

I've only built two cars so far and just started a 2010 Camaro Indy Pace car. After this one I am going to start building race cars. Here are my first two cars. I did the old Nascar because it was cheap and looked like the perfect car for my first build. And I built the truck because it was also cheap and easy and Tom did this one on his channel and made it look so good. I was surprised how much better he made it than the cheap, toy-like picture on the box art. I've got a lot to learn and a lot of experience to gain but I look forward to it.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:37 pm 
What's Wrong With My Airbrush?
What's Wrong With My Airbrush?

Welcome Chris and very good models. Congratulations.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:17 am 
Almost A Mod!!!
Almost A Mod!!!

Welcome Chris.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 6:57 pm 
The Old Giffer
The Old Giffer

Welcome Chris, if those are your first two builds i can't wait to see what you produce in the future. :bigthumb:

Philip

http://s1091.photobucket.com/user/kingphilip22/profile/

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:26 pm 

Thanks guys.. hey, what are the must have paints in your arsenals? I need to stock up with some good paints.